Over the past few months we have all experienced great challenges to our lives because of the Covid-19 crisis. In Myanmar, international travel restrictions remain in place, and are likely to be there for the foreseeable future. However, in recent weeks, our workshop has re–opened, and our group members are now working in smaller groups on different days of the week.
With a decline in international visitors, who are our main customers, our big challenge at PNE is continuing to enable our group members to work, and by doing so not only brings much needed support to their families but continuing the work of positive change in the lives of the most vulnerable in our communities. Our group members are ready for work and so we ask you to give work by ordering our beautifully crafted products.
For PNE sending our products internationally is an exciting new opportunity for us, but also challenging due to the high cost and complex logistics of transporting goods from Myanmar. We would like to explain the process so that you are better able to understand the steps involved.
Things To Know About Placing Your Order
Please Place A Minimum Order Of £20
Why? Currently, shipping costs are quite expensive, but we have been able to get a special concession from DHL. However, these are based on weight, with a fixed fee for the first 500g. Hence, placing a £20 minimum order will make postage more cost effective overall.
You can place an order using the order form page on the website or you can combine orders with friends, download a paper order form from this page, or you can download our order spreadsheet which features multiple currencies and can show the cost of shipping to a single location.
How Much Will Postage Be?
This depends on how we send it. To send small individual parcels from Myanmar is very expensive so for most people, we will be combining a number of packages together to send to a named contact person in your country. The cost of postage will be spread over a number of parcels making it much more cost effective. We gratefully acknowledge DHL who are partnering with us in making the postage of our products internationally much more cost effective. We are estimating that on a £20 order postage will only be about £5 or equivalent.
Currently the countries where we have ‘contact people’ are: UK, Germany, US, Australia. If your country is not on this list, why not group together with a number of other people, download the paper order form and get in touch with us about placing an order.
If you want to know the cost of postage more specifically, why not download our order spreadsheet? Here, you can enter the details of your order and see what the postage costs will be.
Where Will My Parcel Be Delivered To?
Your order will normally be delivered to a ‘contact person,’ within your country, unless you have specified that you wish the order to be delivered directly to you (which would normally cost more). They will then contact you about collecting your parcel or forwarding it on by local mail service. Please note that onward postage won’t be included in the payment and will have to be organised separately with our contact. If you are concerned that your order maybe very heavy please email us and we can give you an estimated weight.
How Quickly Will My Order Be Delivered?
We gratefully acknowledge DHL who are partnering with us in making the postage of our products internationally much more cost effective. Currently DHL are estimating that once they have received the shipment from us it will only take about 1 week to deliver to the main receiving point. After that, it depends on the forwarding mail arrangements. In some cases, when we have a number of smaller orders in one country, we may wait 1-2 weeks to try and combine orders to send to a main contact person to make the postage more efficient. We will contact you if this is the case. If you do need the order quickly, we can arrange that, but the postage costs will be higher.
Will There Be Any Additional Costs?
At this point, despite contacting the relevant authorities, we have not been able to get any clear information about taxes, duties and other levies on our products. It is possible that customs and other duties may be charged on entry. This will not affect any current order, but it could affect pricing in the future.
How do I pay?
For the short term we will contact you with details on how to transfer the payment as each country will be different. At present, we have established a bank account in the UK to handle payments, as transaction costs for single payments to Myanmar banks remain high.
Steps To The Ordering Process
- Step One: Place your order using the order form on the Website, downloading the PDF order form or the order spreadsheet and emailing it back to us at email@example.com. We ask that you place a minimum order of £20 pounds or equivalent make postage cost efficient.
- Step Two: You will receive an automated reply acknowledging receipt of the order
- Step Three: You will receive a confirmation of your order, a quote for postage and payment details. This step may take up to a couple of weeks as we will be waiting to collate your order with others to make postage more cost effective. If for any reason it is taking longer then, we will email you again.
- Step Four: Please send us confirmation that the order and quote is correct, and once we have received payment then we will process your order.
- Step Five: We will email you details of the contact person in your country and estimated arrival
- Step Six: The contact person in your country will contact you and arrange for collection of the parcel or arrange for posting on. Please note that onward postage won’t be included in the payment and will have to be organised separately with our contact. If you are concerned that your order maybe very heavy please email us and we can give you an estimated weight.